Packaging

Forums » Support

Packaging

• 3 posts
    May 17, 2017 10:18 AM PDT

Can anyonre post pictures of how you package some of your bottles for shipment?  I am just curious and this way if I have to ship in the future I have a little better idea.  I figure most people use inflatable bottle sleeves for most but what about the E.H. Taylor's and other bottle that come in tubes?

Thanks

• 8 posts
    May 26, 2017 12:54 PM PDT

I will post pictures soon.  Depending on the tube or box, I either pack the tube or wood boox in the same main box but separate from the bottle. Most EH Taylors I would wrap tissue paper around the bottle, Sarand wrap the top of the bottle to bottom to prevent any movement of the cork/top during shipement or pressure changes, then bubble wrap around the neck (needs support). Then place bottle or tube into inflatable shipper or wrap with 5 layers of bubble wrap. Make sure there is a layer of cushion (bubble wrap, styrofoam piece etc) on bottom of main box incase of droppage.  Pack so the bottle doesnt move and keep upright if at all possible. Fill in extra space with either a noise maker ( tic tacs, or pennies in a small box) and styrofoam peanuts.

For very expensive bottles. I double box it with a layer of peanuts in between boxes.